View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 05:21 PM   #30
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Two things<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>the black riders look weak, stupid and scared<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I must disagree, my young cousin was banned from watching LotR because this scene gave him nightmares, granted he's five, but even he can tell if something is weak, stupid or scared.<P>And lastly, you keep saying how all these extra people such as Imrahil ans Erkenbrand would make the movie better, but when I first watched FotR before reading the books, Boromir made his first appearance and I actually said "Oh no, not another man!" (for some reason I could get to grips with four hobbits, but two men was beyond me) I did pick it up in the end, hence my being here, but these small roles do nothing for the non-book readers and some book readers have very possibly forgotten about these people. There are so many people with small parts, do you hear me complaining about Robin Smallburrows being cut from the film? No, I lived with it, he's not important to the story, I got over it.<P>Don't get me wrong, I agree with some of your points, quite a few actually, but you could have made them more interesting by finding some different way of saying 'that made me mad' (that's my creative writing side kicking in, feel free to ignore it).