Thread: oh no.....
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 03:24 PM   #37
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well, I could see some scence in Grima telling Eowyn he loves her. But not for love's sake. <P>Think of what Grima has been set to acomplish. Saruman wants Rohan. If Grima get's Eowyn to marry him (EWWWWW!) Saruman could take over Rohan without war. Theoden already thinks Eomer (who would be his heir right?) is a traitor because of Grima's lies. So when Theoden dies (probably help along by some poisons carfully put in place by Grima) Wormtonge would rule Rohan being married to Eowyn. Once he has Rohan he could let Saruman take over.<P>Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this make scence? This never happened in the books. And Tolkien never had Grima express any love to Eowyn but that doesn't mean that if PJ puts it in it's bad.<P>As for the love triangle thing. I'm not too worried about it. I don't think PJ would sink that low. And someone mentioned that Eowyn's love didn't seem like a big part of the story. Well what I think is that what we see in the LOTR movies is PJ's perspective on the books. This includes the fact that he might think Eowyn's love is an important part. He is a fan of the books too you know.