Thread: oh no.....
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 05:48 PM   #38
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> This never happened in the books. And Tolkien never had Gríma express any love to Eowyn but that doesn't mean that if PJ puts it in it's bad. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Tolkien indicates that Gríma lusted after Éowyn. Consider this from "The King of the Golden Hall."<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Gandalf: "...How long is it since Saruman bought you? What was the promised price? When all the men were dead, you were to pick your share of the treasure, and take the woman you desire? Too long have you watched her under your eyelids and haunted her steps."<P>Éomer grasped his sword. "That I knew already," he muttered. "For that reason I would have slain him before, forgetting the law of the hall." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So why he of course did not love her in the true sense of the word, it was a word he might have used to describe it. This passage makes it sound like he was never as obvious as to say "I love you", but movies are generally more obvious than books.<P>And yet, we still don't know if this is really in the movie. It may very well be purely a rumor, and not worth all this talk. Oh well.