View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 04:57 PM   #39
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I thought the Wargs vs. Rohan fight was acceptable, but the cliff-falling incident wasn't. The day-dreaming incident lasted to long, and I didn't really appreciate it that much, they already showed the Aragorn-Arwen realationship enough in Fotr, I thought. Legolas isn't a super-hero, but he's an excellent shot with the bow & arrow, I don't find it to unrealistic that he could shoot and slide at the same time. Besides, Legolas is always doing cool ( or-out-of-place ) stuff with his weapons. I thought they did a great job on Gollum actually (most of the time)! Horse saving Aragorn was just to stinking lame. Farimir doesn't equel evil, he was just to loyal, or to greedy. Gimli was WAY to humuorous, a little humour is fine, but Gimli barely does a scene that isn't supposed to be funny (or at least it seems that way)! Frodo was well done in Fotr, but he's cracking to soon! HE shouldn't be in the state he's in until late in Rotk! The Ents should've decided to go to war on Isengard at the Entmoot, and altough hurling rocks at Isengard isn't booktual, I'll let that pass, it wasn't to lame (except a great majority of the ents, or maybe all of them, appear to be left-handed. Through some righties in there, PJ! )<BR>Someimes, early on in the movie, the changed Gollum sounds to much like Jar-Jar Binks to me! Well, I'm out of time, if I have anything more to say, believe me, my big mouth will disclose it soon! But I'll give PJ the shield-surfing, after all, it just seems to add to Legolas' agility and 'light-footedness' for me. Thanks for being patient with me while I give my LONG take on things. <p>[ April 28, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote