View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 09:12 PM   #33
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Well deserving. I gasped everytime Rotk won something. While watching the whole awards show, I was busy organizing my readings (taxing, very). But when the nominees were introduced beforet the announcing of the winner, I stopped and dropped everything at Shore's (Howard) music as if it were a national anthem or something.<P>Yep, that was Dom, looking like a rock star (love it when hobbit-like fellows dress that way), tearing at Jackson's acceptance speech, and for once, the happy expression on Elijah's face was unfathomable (his eyes are just so brilliantly full of expression most of the time--that night, he looked happy, and seemed to not know what to put on his face--I'm at a loss of words meself). I don't think that Billy Boyd was there (although, looking at <B>Gorwingel's</B> link, he might be the guy over at far right), and I'm as surprised as anyone that Sean Astin wasn't visible.<P>I am happy at Peter's salute to the different independent movie directors. That says a lot. I was also laughing endearingly at Jackson's remarks about him not being appropriately dressed. Not prob, Pete!<P>And as for a parting shot...I was listening to a radio show here in Manila, and the dj said something about Fran Walsh. They were trying to look for a picture of Fran Walsh on the net, but couldn't. They said that the rumor was that Fran is so drop-dead gorgeous, and it would be best to "keep" her "hidden." Seeing her for the first time, though...she looked adorable. It was my first time to see her ever, and I was like <I>oh so that's Fran!</I> <P>*goes off and thinks: how could someone as cute as her sound like a Nazgul?* <P>Another parting shot (a bit OT, though)...Was it just me or did Johnny Depp have an accident at his table? The camera briefly showed something over at his corner, and it looked as if he dropped a glass or a dinner plate or something. Too bad he didn't win a Globe that night.
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote