View Single Post
Old 08-30-2003, 06:22 AM   #50
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Now, when I played with Barbie dolls, my brother and I would pretend that half were detectives and half were bad guys... This explains why one of my Ken dolls had no legs and the other had only one arm.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Hear, Hear, Diamond. I salute you and your brothers for using your Barbies as God (and Santa Claus) intended.<P>What makes me cringe when I see Barwyn and Araken is that they are not toys, or even action figures. No, worse still - these are <I>collectables</I>. 99% of these dolls will never be played with, or even taken from their box, but are created solely so that they can be hoarded for some future time when they will be "valuable".<P>I think it would be delightful if kids were using their toys to play at being characters from LoTR. And dressing up Barbie to look like an Elven princess is OK by me. I'm just glad I was born in a time when I could play with (ok, and whack around) my toys in peace, without worrying about leaving them in "mint condition".
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote