View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 03:21 PM   #54
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Hear, Hear, Diamond. I salute you and your brothers for using your Barbies as God (and Santa Claus) intended. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thank you, Birdie. But I only have one brother. I got my start in writing fiction, by torturing — I mean, playing with Barbie dolls, and for that reason I won't say anything bad about Barbie in general. So what if you'll never see Mattel advertising "Mastermind Villain Kelly", "Interrogation Room Barbie" and "Guillotine Ken" (with detachable head) <I>or</I> have them be propounded as learning tools in character developement (oh the angst that hid behind those painted on smiles...) but put little human figures in the hands of children and you never know what will happen. I don't see any problem with kids roleplaying/reinacting the story with Araken Starwearer and Queen Barsuwyniel in hand. (If only they didn't look so lame and unlike the actors they're supposedly modeled after!)<P>So, here's what you do. Buy two sets, one for playing with and one for storage to sell later on. And this way New Line/Mattel will get double the money! Yehaw!<P>All kidding aside: Believe me, product commercialization of a movie based on a book is one of the <I>least</I> of the world's troubles...<p>[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]