View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 04:44 PM   #2
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Personally, I very much enjoyed the scene in which Aragorn recites part of the <I>Lay of Leithian</I> before they reach Rivendell. It is an interesting enough piece of exposition, and I certainly found his quick conversation with Frodo to be a poignant scene. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I don't think many non-book-reading fans would really even get this part. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I think, in defence of Mr. Jackson, that the Extended Edition was meant to cater to the people already familiar with the works of J.R.R. Tolkien moreso than was the theatrical release.<P>I too disliked Galadriel's revelation that she was the bearer of Nenya. It was just another example of her character's dumbing-down needlessly (another being her telling Frodo unambiguously that Boromir "will try to take the Ring").<P>My favorite Extended Edition scene was the brief, melancholy and hauntingly beautiful passing of the Elves to the Havens, as viewed through the eyes of Frodo and Sam.<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: Lord of Angmar ]