View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 12:57 PM   #9
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Frodo is always seemed to be the adult of the four Hobbits and he'll help anyone in a pinch. He remains calm until one of my most favourite parts of RotK on the slopes of Mount Doom where he seems to panic and turns to Sam for help. His hatred for violence and unwillingness to hurt things always struck me as well.<P>Sam is loyal and all that. But he always remembers where he came from and what he's got to be thankful for. He's humble and honors his Gaffer, which is a good thing for anyone to do.<P>Merry is thoughtful and forward thinking. He's smart and good at thinking on the spot. His practicality endears him to me and he fiercely protects his friends.<P>Pippin is forever lighthearted and inquisitive. He thinks quickly and is very perceptive. I always loved and remembered him for standing up to the ruffians in the Shire when they refer to Frodo as "Cock-o-Whoop" and his immediate repentance when he looked into the palantir even when he was scared to just remember it.<P>And lastly, I'll always have a small place in my heart for Robin Smallburrows. He had always wanted to be a Shirriff, but when he became one it was much different from what it should have been. And then he had to run all the way from Frogmorton to the three farthing stone 14 miles! I'd have collapsed from an asthma attack 12 miles before that.