Thread: Figwit in ROTK?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 08:53 PM   #16
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

Doesn't look like Figwit to me. And it's certainly not Arwen. It is most definately a man (albeit an effeminate one, in true Jackson "Elf" style ). I should imagine that he (and the other Elven smith) are just some more miscellaneous Elves. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> All the stuff with Elrond and Arwen can't be flashbacks it wouldn't make sense. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why not? Why could these scenes have not taken place before the scene where we see Arwen leaving Rivendell in TTT? My theory is that they are in fact a flashback of Arwen and Elrond agreeing that he will take Anduril to Aragorn and that, because he can "no longer protect her" she will go to Lothlorien. So that, when we saw her leaving Rivendell in TTT, these scenes had already taken place and she was bound for Galadriel's realm. And surely, it is so much better that she is departing with Elrond's blessing.<P>As to the timing of Elrond presenting Anduril to Aragron, this surely takes place in Rohan, before Aragorn takes the Paths of the Dead. Presumably, Elrond reminds Aragorn of that particular prophecy too. <P>I am sure that Jackson will come up with some reason as to why Aragorn should be given Anduril at this point rather than before, although I am in some difficulty in perceiving what it might be. Perhaps it is nothing more than Elrond finally buying into Aragorn's destiny, after being such a grouchy "doubting Thomas" in the first two films.