View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 02:12 PM   #6
Faramir Fan
Haunting Spirit

Faramir Fan has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It was simply wonderful...it brought a tear to my eye a couple of times.<P>I loved how the first words out of Faramir's mouth wasn't "bind their hands". The whole sequence was different and Faramir, instead of being this mean, depthless character, was more thoughtful and meaningful...all in about 30 seconds (why couldn't this have been left in!). In fact when he does say "bind their hands" it is almost as an afterthought, not a pronoucement.<P>Osgiliath - WONDERFUL. The interaction between Boromir/Faramir/Denethor was amazing.<P>The sewer scene, with the interaction between Faramir and Sam, "you showed your quality/gardiners must be held in high regard had me reaching for the kleenex.<P>Loved the homage to Tom Bombadil, Treebeard saying his lines in a couple of places. As was the case with FOTR, the hobbit scenes that were cut from the theatrical version made me think of scenes that really should have been cut in the theatrical version, so that these could have been there....wargs and babies crying in the caves comes to mind.<P>I doubt I will ever watch the theatrical TTT version again. This is my Two Towers and I think I have made my peace with PJ. It seems he makes the theatrical version for the general population, but the extended version is made for us...the REAL FANS!
"A new character has come on the scene (I am sure I did not invent him, I did not even want him, though I like him, but there he came walking into the woods of Ithilien): Faramir, the brother of Boromir..." J.R.R. Tolkien, Letters No. 66
Faramir Fan is offline   Reply With Quote