View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 12:18 PM   #31
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The "Aragorn is a Dunedain" scene should not have been cut from the theatrical release. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>I understand what you are saying but the question really is, do you need to know that Aragorn will be King to understand the film you are currently watching? The answer to that question is no. I found it interesting that almost all references to Aragorn being the future King was removed from Towers. The only reference that remained was when Elrond was talking with Arwen.<P>If I were to pick one scene to reintroduce, it would certainly be the Osgiliath scene. It presented the underlieing conflict in Faramir's character which definately did play a part in the events in Towers. Then again, very few reviews criticized this aspect of the film. Negative comments I read tended to speak towards, length, the Treebeard scenes (too slow) and the fact that the film doesn't progress the central plot much (getting the Ring to Mordor). I don't think Faramir was anywhere near the issue to the non-book readers out there.<P>H.C.