View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 06:04 PM   #34
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I think that the extended Faramir scenes have a shot at being the best, because they clarify his character a little bit & make him out to be a guy trying to please his father than a guy after the Ring. As any of you who know me even remotely well should know, though, I'm <I>still</I> not impressed with PJ's Faramir. I have to wonder why PJ didn't think it was worth his while to put in the extra Faramir scenes...maybe he reshot them after seeing how Faramir came across, I don't know .<P> I loved the stew part (mainly Aragorn trying to pour it out ), the final tally part (wonder why PJ upped Gilmi's & Legolas's count by one...?), the extra Gollum/Smeagol fight at the beginning, some more screen time for Saruman/Wormtoungee & Merry/Pippin, & other ones to . <P>I really liked the Boromir/Faramir flashback (as I knew I would), although I thought that PJ over-did Denethor a bit, perhaps. I know he liked Boromir better, & didn't have any fuzzy feelings towards Faramir, but I don't think he was quite that bad. Oh well, it worked out ok.<P> PJ trying to transplant Old Man Willow into Fangorn is something that I'm not sure about. It just didn't seem right at first, but I might get used to it :/.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>however, The Two Towers needed to be saved. And the new Extended Edition has done just that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Close at least. For me it's to early to make a judgment on that yet. I don't quite think that it's <B>saved</B> it, though. My main buffs still stand with Faramir & Aragorn's cliff-falling scene...<p>[ November 20, 2003: Message edited by: The Only Real Estel ]
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote