View Single Post
Old 12-21-2003, 05:14 PM   #15
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Kind of annoying, that.<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>True! The first time I saw PJs kids in Rohan I was fuming! It really takes away from the realism of the films to have what are obviously the same people appearing as different characters. Lawrence Makoare appearing as both Lurtz and Goonie is fine, since it's pretty durn hard to tell. But I guess they're PJs movies, and if he can't give himself and his kids cameos in each then I suppose it's a little sad. If only Katie wasn't so <B>obvious</B>!!!<P>Pete himself is definitely the captain of the corsairs. But I notice on the audio commentary for <I>The Two Towers</I> that apparently he <B>isn't</B> one of the Dunlendings?! At least that's what he said, but in that case I can't see where in TTT he appears (and I'm sure he'd be in there somewhere!). <P>Although it is nice to see all these people (Alan Lee included) getting in front of the camera, I don't like the amount of believability you lose by doing so. That's precisely the reason that David Bowie wasn't cast as Elrond. If you spend all your time going, "Ooh that's PJ", "That's PJ again", "That's the guy who did the storyboards" and "That's the 2nd assistant to the head driver of the catering company" then it becomes pretty %#%$ing distracting!