View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 07:31 PM   #20
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
I feel your pain. I've encountered a plethora of wannabe-Tolkienologists who come up with some of the most preposterous claims that I've ever heard. Yes, it does get to me a lot. For example, I had to spend nearly an hour explaining to an extremely asinine, dungheaded nincompoop that Arwen was most definitely not going to die, that Frodo and Sam were not repressed homosexuals (this guy was trying to use Freudian theory to convince me!), and that Eowyn was most emphatically not a whore for "deserting" Aragorn! I got extremely frustrated, and in the end, blurted out, "All right. I've got a challenge for you. If you think you're so bloody knowledgeable about Tolkien, give me three other names that Sauron ever used." The look on that foolish twit's face was absolutely priceless!!!!! Of course, then I proceeded to calmly recite, "Gorthaur, Annatar, and Aulendil."

If those twits start trying to annoy you, merely ask them a random trivia question and watch their faces fall all the way to Khand. I can give you a few questions, just PM me.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote