View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 01:08 AM   #270
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Lotar walked amongst those still in the camp. He talked with many of the men, and calmed the nerves of manay a woman and child. Allthough many had been taken to be seen to in Bree, many were still left in the cold and suffering great hunger. Lotar himself felt his stomach grumble at the thought of a warm meal.

His son stood beside him, also surveying the scene in front of him before speaking.

'Guthwine is not here. Do you suppose he has gotten himself into trouble?'

'I do not suppose' said Lotar 'I know. The man will not suffer to be without control of any situation! He will have stormed into Bree, demanding this or that! And he will get a whalloping for his trouble'

Kandel paused 'I heard from a few, that his son had arrived and was quickly rushed to Bree. I do not know if it is all tall tales, but maybe it could account for him being so brash like that'

Lotar gave a low grumble 'Son or not, he will always be causing a stir'

Kandel nodded at this, and then said 'What do you think the Breelanders will do next?'

'I am not entirely sure Son. They see now we are no band of savages, but a families fleeing razed homes and savage beasts. Now it is up to them to decide where such people may go. It is out of my hands for a little while...'

Lotar then saw a man step into the clearing at the far side. It did not take him long at all to see that it was Soran. He approached Lotar and he could tell by the colour in his cheeks that he had been in warmth and had a good meal.

'I come from Bree. The Mayor requests your presence to discuss matters. They ask us to be at the West Gate tomorrow. He also says that until then the women, children, and Guthwine and Rudgar stay in the city...'

'I do not mind that last part at all' said Lotar with a growl 'It seems I was on the mark when I said Guthwine was bringing trouble to himself! Foolhardy and heavy-handed if ever I knew a man!!'

Lotar composed himself and turned to Kandel and Soran 'Well, if we are to meet the men of Bree, we shall need to have something to say! Let us ponder on what it is will solve this situation...'