View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 03:40 PM   #30
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
*raises an eyebrow* Now that I think of it, I was only able to buy LOTR only becuase the movie made it famous enough to import it into Korea.
A salient point, indeed, Eorl! I used to go the opposite way from the trendies and avoid some movies/books because they were too popular, but I see that this strategy backfires a lot in my experience and I miss things that could be enriching and satisfying, simply because I was "too cool to be trendy." Now, although I still avoid certain irritants like Jim Carrey movies and have hangups still that I have not pruned out of my life, I try to be more open minded and find it merely amusing when people who find out I'm into LOTR ask me if I think Aragorn or Legolas is hotter. I just tell them that Gimli is the sexiest dwarf ever and I have a crush on Gandalf! (Then I own up and admit that Aragorn is hotter after all...)

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote