View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 05:33 PM   #22
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Quote:
This is not just a girl's opinion but they need good-looking characters for some main roles.
That worked fine in LOTR alright but here the main characters are dwarves and a hobbit who's placed in situations that are funny sometimes bordering on ridiculous, and he's treated way more unceremoniusly than any LOTR character. (Tom Cruise - ack! the horror of it To see him grabbed by a furry foot by the trolls would give me nightmares. Never will an actor who has a sex symbol status or whatever be able to handle these situations properly). Maybe there is still hope for Ian Holm. I for one would love to see him back playing Bilbo.
Alan Rickman as the voice of Smaug earns a thumbs up from me. Andy Serkis's cameo will be compulsory I guess, and John Rhys-Davies sure is the favourite to play a dwarf (only because I cannot think of another actor to play a dwarf!)
Anyway, I'm curious how PJ will think up this movie: will he try and make an epic out of it? Highly unlikely. Still, major changes are going to be made. I hope that they keep at least some of the witty dialogue; it would be a shame not to.