View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 05:12 PM   #33
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
...a seduced (not a 'possessed' -- that is a little too X-Files-ish) Elf
Ah, now there's a problem: never in Tolkien's works has an elf been seduced by an evil power (as far as I know), and I believe it is widely accepted that elves cannot be corrupted, or at least, seduced by evil powers, or any power at all, truly. The taking over of a body is too X-Files, and the seduction of an elf is just unbelievable, in my mind. That is why I believe the Houseless settling down in an Easterling is much more realistic, and much more doable.

I'm afraid Easterlings are a definite. Sorry, but Aman, Aylwen, and I like 'em too much! And both Aman and Aylwen are wonderful Easterlings, as I well know. Truly, it gives more variability in race. Then we have interaction between orcs and men, orcs and elves, and elves and men.

Quote:
...not provide much of interest in terms of internal struggle.
If I was an evil spirit, I wouldn't look for a struggle for some fun, I'd look for a willing candidate that I could easily use to the full potential of my power. An elf will never be defined as an 'easy candidate'.

Quote:
...what would a tainted elf think?
I believe you need to explain yourself on that one, Roa.

Quote:
I believe it was Faramir who pointed out that not all who served the Dark Lord were willing to do so.
Yes, but that was movie Faramir. Still, I believe the fact that they are men, not creatures like orcs, can mean that they truly are not all that willing to fight for Sauron, even if they are (which they probabkly are) truly evil. So, yes, it is interesting, adding another perspective.

Quote:
Durelin, yes that is what I meant, especially the part about the 'hidden agenda' as you put it
Good, I was pretty sure, until I looked at it again when I went to quote it and went 'wait a minute...that's what she meant, right?' One of those last minute uncertainties.

Quote:
Think we can include it?
I hope so, though it seems it is being rather slammed by several people...

Quote:
I had, indeed, misremembered the events!
Thought so. This, of course, means that we could do things with fighting in Mirkwood as well, as, most likely, the two realms were fighting at the same time at some point. Then we could always rap up with a nice little ceremony in the middle of Mirkwood renaming. I like happy endings...though I do like happy endings with a twist even better...

Three different players for only two actual bodies...but...how on earth do you roleplay a evil spirit floating between being in a body and out of a body...existing, not existing... Afraid it can't be pulled. And how is a soul, mind, supposed to fight for its body, battle back a spirit... Its all very abstract, and borders on religious beliefs.

I believe someone talked about 'well-rounded-ness' (made up word, I know...they phrased it differently...). I believe that comes from a good number of perspectives, and a story that fits into the world around us. I'm not trying to slam your ideas, I'm justing trying to see what fits: I'm trying to get a well-rounded game created. So thanks for understanding, as I know I have been questioning and sort of turning down ideas a lot. It is all constructive, believe me, and I much appreciate all the ideas.

Thanks again!

-Durelin