View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 12:41 AM   #179
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, yes... The glasses... They were most definitely not a fashion statement; it was most likely just a simple case of nearsightedness.

Quote:
Did you see what Ben 'Starsky' Stiller was wearing? I think Peter could have got away with a pair of shorts and no shoes.............
Well Ben Stiller was wearing a suit the rest of the academy awards. The whole 70's clothing thing was just a shameless publicity stunt, that didn't really come off as being funny at all (well in my opinion).

But I do agree... I have to give credit to Jack Black and Will Ferrell for rasing the class of their comedy for the Academy Awards; the "You're Boring" song was brilliant.

Oh, and Billy Crystal meant no harm at all. He is a comedian, and we all expect him to lampoon the movies every year he hosts. He is my absolute favorite all time Oscar host so I was so glad that he hosted the year that LOTR swept the awards. I think that may have been one reason that he did host was because LOTR provides so much comic material (admit it guys... It is very easy to lampoon this series). The whole Legolas thing, and Michael Moore being stepped on by the Oliphant while talking about how it was a "fictional war" was brilliant. And then how they brought in Jack Nickelson to be the White Wizard, and how they placed the Kodak theater on top of Minas Tirith, and then how they rode into the courtyard that was decorated with Oscars. Heck it even got kind of sentimental at the end with Billy asking for advice (which with him being the White Wizard you would of course ask him for advice). I thought it was one of the best intros ever.

But I am a die hard Oscar lover, so oh well...
Any year where you have Billy Crystal, Julia Roberts, Jack, and Robin Williams is a good year.