Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 10:41 PM   #233
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Laurel heaved herself up and watched as Cartil attacked Cuor. She picked up the daggers that Cartilhad left her, and sawhim push Cuor further towards the end of the mossy path. But Cuor was unpredictable, and make a strong lunge forward, forcing Cartil back. Laurel felt her panic rise. She did not know what the Elf would do next. Her feet compelled her forward as Cartil struggled on.

Her hands twitched as Cuor threw his strength into his blade and Cartil deflected it deftly. Her heart seemed in her throat, and her fear was the only thing keeping her awake. Then came Cuor's move. He tripped Cartil by knocking his left ankle, and swiping at the other. Falling with a great thud, Cuor smiled and raised his hand. Laurel had little time to think.

The dagger flew and hit him in the chest. His eyes became clouded, and he dropped to his knees. Laurel scrambled to Cartil's side, but she watched Cuor struggle to breathe.

"You...betrayed me my dearest...how could you?"

Laurel felt her joints give up on her and she slumped to the floor. She watched as his dark eyes stopped twitching, and turned from their focus on her.

"It's done. I feel so tired" she mumbled. She rested her arms about Cartil's shoulders.

"I want to go home Cartil. Do you think we can make it there?"

He nodded, and they slowly got to their feet and turned from his body. They were almost in the trees when they heard a great yell...

~*~

Annunfuin saw the Elf turn and grab a long blade. He did not understand what was happening, but the gurgling laughter was enough to make him act. He sprinted, and thrust his blade through the Elf's back. He coughed blood, and fell dead.

Laurel turned and her eyes went wide with fear. Annunfuin stepped over Cuor's body and embraced Laurel:

"You are safe now. We wont let you get hurt again"

He gave a knowing smile to Cartil, and took the boy by the shoulder.

"I am sure that Taralphiel will wish to see us all..."

Watching Laurel's tried face, he saw a flash of Jesslyn. He then felt a great lump in his throat.

"But first...we have to go back to the battlefield..."

Last edited by Taralphiel; 03-06-2004 at 10:48 PM.