View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 01:35 PM   #100
Will Witfoot
Haunting Spirit

Will Witfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Fungrim gently placed his hand on Indy's shoulder and pulled the child to himself. She truned to face him, tears streaming from her eyes, trying furiously to wipe them away. He picked her up easily and placed her into his lap, holding her in a tight hug. She threw her arms around his neck and sobbed.

"Indy," he said in a gentle voice. "I dont want you to leave. But you must understand Indy, that I cant be your family."

Indy gave another sobb and continued to try wiping the tears away from her small face and eyes.

"You need someone who can look after you proper, someone who's got a roof over their head and who can provide you with a happy and safe childhood. I cant do neither."

"My paths are dangerous ones, lassie. I have taken it upon me to never cease the battle I have taken as my own, and though I am weary, weary beyond belief, I cant stop now."

He pulled out a red silk hankerchief he had borrowed from one of the little folk. Gingerly he wiped away the tears from the childs eyes. She looked up at him sad and puzzled by his words.

"But, Indy, you are my friend, my only friend in the world. And friends are for life, eh?".
Herein, it is said, the power of Ulmo was shown. For he gathered tidings of all that passed in Beleriand, and every stream that flowed from Middle-earth to the Great Sea was to him a messenger, both to and fro

Last edited by Will Witfoot; 03-10-2004 at 02:36 AM.