View Single Post
Old 03-21-2004, 09:23 PM   #27
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
“But now kind Aylwen, if my song has earned me some refreshment I would gladly take whatever meat or bread you have to offer at this time of the day. Mind, I do not want any beer or ale to go with it, for my voice must be at its purest for the King tomorrow. Clear water is all that I will drink.”

Aylwen laughed at Hearpwine's merry spirit. "Aye, Hearpwine. Your song has earned you the refreshment you desire. I dare say your presence alone brings such cheer and intrigue that is deserving of a meal anyway. I will be back in a moment with your meal and clear water!" Aylwen smiled and went into the kitchen to get the promised food and drink herself.

Inside the kitchen, Aylwen nearly bumped into young Aedre, filling an order for the jolly little Hobbit who had been conversing with the serving maid earlier. The plate in her hand was filled to the brim, and held a bowl of steaming soup, fresh bread and meat. "An interesting patron, this Harold of the Shire, is he not?" Aylwen asked with a smile, taking the plate for Aedre while the younger woman filled a mug with ale.

"Aye, quite interesting, to say the least!" Aedre agreed, nodding her thanks to Aylwen and taking the plate in her now free right hand and grasping the mug firmly in her left. Aylwen was quite proud of Aedre's abilities and talent for helping out around the Horse so well. Aylwen propped the kitchen door open for Aedre, who smiled as she left the kitchen. "But he's got a kind heart, no doubts there!" Aedre said before going off to bring Harold his food.

Aylwen went back into the kitchen and prepared Hearpwine's plate, humming the tune he had sung earlier when he had first entered the Inn. When she was finished getting everything for Hearpwine -- including the clean, clear water she'd promised -- Aylwen left the kitchen and its wonderful scents and served Hearpwine his food and water.

"I hope this is refreshment enough, jolly Hearpwine!" Aylwen said as she set the plate and glass before him. "You will enjoy the festivities tonight, I'm sure, if staying here is what you intend to do until you take your leave tomorrow. However, I'm sure the celebrations will be most entertaining no matter where you stay! The March and spring festivals are always the best, full of wonderful tales and songs of remembrance, glory, hope, and adventure."