View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 12:32 AM   #184
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Maén had been lost in thought for the time which had passed. Another who did so was Carathir, she noticed him watching her. But she thought that it was the young man’s good heart and the pledge that he had made to Lysia which had made him do so. He was strange, and she knew this. Never in all her visits to Lysia’s house had she spoken to him, not a single time. It would not matter now, he was another of her protectors, and she supposed that he would stay true to his word, after all, it was Lysia who had begged the King to spare his life.

Idruil who also seemed slightly alienated from the bunch spoke to her again, surveying the landscape warily. “My lady, it is time for us to leave this forsaken place.”

Maén nodded. “Yes, We will.”

Atharen had returned to camp in the meantime. She would have spoken to him but for the excitement and a seemingly tender Miss Heart. In time though, Atharen came to her. He nodded in the way which he did when something was amiss, “My lady, Del is dead.” Sounding not sure of what context to phrase the death message.

Maén stood. “I know. Roryn told me.” There was silence in all who had stopped to listen. “Don’t look to be sad. I knew the man barely a week, he was a good employee during that time, and we shall miss him in my protection.” There were several sharp glances from some of her compatriots.

“Takes a cold woman” muttered Ferethor, though Maén did not acknowledge it. Rather she picked up her belongings and mounted faithful Hittai.

“We ride now.” She said.

Last edited by Everdawn; 03-28-2004 at 01:41 AM.