Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2004, 02:10 PM   #240
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Annanodolwen looked at Lanaey when Taralphiel had finished. "I should check through the sick again. I may be needed."

"You may," responded the warrior Elf. "But do not forget about yourself. These past few days tax even an Elf greatly and you need some rest."

Annanodolwen just walked back to the House, not commenting. Lanaey sighed, then went to where the horses were kept. She found one that was relatively strong and not tired from the previous day. She mounted and rode bare back to the former wild men's camp carrying a small shovel and some rope.

The stench was horrid, but the burning was almost complete. Lanaey slowed the horse to a mild walk and wound her way to where she first entered the fray. Soon she found Drass, lying in her death. Dismounting she her temporary mount nibble some grass nearby and went to her horse, planting the shovel in the ground nearby and laying the rope next to it. Flies were already buzzing around and most ignored the Elf, preferring the rotting meat.

Lanaey didn't take the saddle itself, she always left that with each horse she had. She did take the saddle bags and such stored on it, for those would be needed.

Then she began to dig. It was nearing sun down when Galain came over and took the shovel from her to start digging. They didn't say anything and Lanaey sat ruffly on the ground, breathing heavily. She had been digging through very hard dirt, but it was the only option. It would have been much harder to drag Drass to softer dirt and Lanaey wouldn't leave her horse out here to be scavenged.

Galain finished up the hole that Lanaey had already made most of, and fetched the rope. It was a good length and they tied it around Drass' saddle, legs and neck. The ends that were out they tied around a large branch. Lanaey fetched the horse she had brought and they placed the branch across its front chest. Then the Elves on either side pushed with all their might and with a bit of prodding the horse went with them. After several moments of dragging, Drass fell into the hole next to her. Once the legs where in the hole as well, Lanaey patted her temporary mount to let it know it could stop. They took the branch and put it in the hole next to Drass and Lanaey grabbed the shovel and started dumping the dirt back in. Galain traded off with her frequently and they finished just as darkness was truly setting in.

They both mounted the horse Lanaey had brought in and rode slowly back to the House. They took the horse back to where the others were kept and told one of the watchers to give him a good rub down.

Gorath was their next destination. The Elf was awake and just laying there, staring out a window in one wall. He nodded as they entered.

"Rudhchamion says he is to leave soon and desires us to go with him." Gorath never was one to dawdle in idle conversation.

Galain nodded at the words; they were expected. Then he looked at Lanaey. "Have you decided what you are to do yet?"

She thought for a moment before answering, "I think I'll stay here for a good while yet. They could still use my help."

There was silence again and Lanaey was reminded of how the two dark brothers never really talked. "Well," the she-Elf spoke again. "If you have nothing to do in forty years or so, come back and visit. I'm sure Laurel would delight in it, and maybe then I'll be ready to move on. Perhaps visit the northland."

She smiled at the two and Gorath nodded while Galain smiled back. Galain promised he would not forget.

"So," said a voice from the door. "You would stay for forty years among the humans?" Annanodolwen smiled in at them.

"I guess I've just committed myself," Lanaey spoke as she sat down gingerly in a chair, very conscious of her wounds and sore muscles.

"I could not do such a thing. I miss my studies, though a visit in forty years for a couple of months might be nice. Especially around the spring time. It'll be stunning beautiful here, I'm sure. After the land has healed."

"We can take you back to your studies if you wish," Gorath spoke from his bed.

Annanodolwen nodded. "I'd like that."

Last edited by Kryssal; 03-28-2004 at 10:13 PM.