View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 12:45 PM   #30
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Dark-Eye *Gasp* The Cursed Glasses!

ELANOR GAMGEE!!! We share a common detest for glasses! As you probably know, I am (well, was) one of the few nearsighted fey folk. I feel your pain. My glasses were the cause of my own demise, as well. (read my previous post about the Elvis impersonators and squirrels on this thread.) Perhaps I should expand my Society for Nearsighted Elves to accomodate any dead creatures that were brought to their unbreathing state of existance by glasses, as well! The Society proudly presents you with an Ivory Lily for Honorable Death in the Face of Glasses-Wearing. Bravo, Bravo!

By the way, did you ever find Teddy? I think I saw a lone horse plodding by the downs the other day. Perhaps he was trying to return your glasses.

Nearsighted and Proud,
MAEG!

PS- NIMROTHIEL- Thank you for sharing your sad tale! I feel for you. Being a half-elf can be very stressful, and not being recorded in the Book must be extremely painful to discuss. Bravo! The Society wishes to award you with the Pearl Lily for Best Fellowship Death Not Recorded in the Book. You beat Haldir by 27 votes! We would also like to award you with the White Lily for Saving an Unworthy Ringbearer! Curse and bebother that hobbit for not sharing his little secret! But at least you are among friends now. Dead friends, but friends nonetheless.

PSS- GALADRIEL'S MAIDEN- I think I may be able to help you. The Society for Nearsighted Elves presents you with a free seven month's prescription to Ringorette Patch- the only clear patch that delivers a small dose of evil ring directly into your bloodstream. I hope it helps you quit your addiction to rings of power and assists you in finding true death among the dead downies. You can also buy Ringorette gum in orange or wintergreen flavors at a local drugstore.

Last edited by Maeggaladiel; 04-06-2004 at 12:53 PM.
Maeggaladiel is offline   Reply With Quote