View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 09:03 AM   #17
purplefluffychainsaw
Wight

purplefluffychainsaw has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to purplefluffychainsaw
Silmaril Ai! Ai! A Balgrog is come!

**Runs upstairs, and retreats with literally more books then she can carry.** Right...

Terry Pratchet, Moving pictures. You forgot A)

Ridcully the Brown!

Quote:
"...Knows what the wind is saying, we shouldn't wonder. Got a name for all the trees, you can bank on it. Speaks to birds, too..."
And...

Balgrogs! (Tee hee hee)

Quote:
"What's a balgrog?" said Victor.... "...tradional evil monster..."
..." With wings on" That made me laugh...

And, yes, all my stuff on the Sword of Shannara. I got... **Flicks lazily through the pages** About one chapter in, before an alarm bell was going off in my head saying: "LotR alike, LotR alike!" And guess what they have the cheek to put on the back.... "Will be the biggest cult book since Tolkien" ARG! Oh, and I would of said that Flick is basically Sam.... Maybe Sam with a little bit of Merry and Pippin rolled in.

Hmmm... I think all my other points have ben made... **Looks at... books and thinks how she is going to get them back up stairs**

No! I have a book called Fleabag and the Ring of fire, which is basically LotR the other way round....

A (female) knight [Merry, Pippin, Boromir] sets out with a servant of the queen [Frodo] to find the queen's ring, becuase the person who finds it becomes king or queen, with the queens cat, Fleabag [Gandalf]. Along the way they met a thief [Aragorn] who, guess what, finds the ring. With help from the others.... There's other stuff along the way which scream LotR, too. Like, there's a mage-y guy who tries to force the knight to tell him where the ring is, becuase he believes she has it [Saruman]. And, the knight almost foils everything at one point, becuase she wants the ring [Boromir]. There *are* a couple of twists, and it *is* a good book, but oh well.

And look what I found! A whole page of LotR inspired music! Whee! Much-to-much to go through all of it though...
Here, look at it yourself.

Guess what? I have more to add! I was re-reading "Wee free men" last night, and I found this:

Quote:
See their swords? They glow blue in the presence of lawyers.
I guess Mr. Pratchett really does like using Tolkien stuff in his works.

Last edited by purplefluffychainsaw; 04-17-2004 at 01:14 PM.
purplefluffychainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote