View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #325
Memory of Trees
Haunting Spirit

Location: Here! Over here!!! Behind that rock. Yes, that is I...
Memory of Trees has just left Hobbiton.
Narya Kyria

Kyria sat down next to the four hobbit girls, and began to eat. They were very pleasant, but all at the table seemed to be good friends, and Kyria understood next to nothing of their conversation. She felt almost as if she were sitting in a corner all alone, even for all the people around her.

Sighing, she set her fork down on her plate. She suddenly didn't feel very hungry anymore. It'll be all right soon, she thought. Soon he will be here. She smiled to herself and took a deep breath. Everything would be fine.

Kyria looked up as a young woman sat down on the stool next to her's. She wasn't especially pretty, and her clothes were rough and travel-worn, but the light in her eyes and the laughter in her voice as she spoke made her seem to Kyria more beautiful than a thousand noble ladies in their fine robes. "Excuse me for disturbing you," the woman said quietly. "But I couldn't help noticing you from my table. Would you like to come and join us? We are all strangers to each other - do not worry."

There was nothing to explain why Kyria's heart leaped as it did, or why she felt an overwhelming urge to go with this woman, but she did all the same. She grinned and nodded, feeling like a little girl who has just recieved a birthday present she has desperately been wanting.

The woman's name was Tiruviel. She led Kyria back to her table, gestured to an empty chair. She took it, and Tiruviel introduced her to her elven friend. "Elkamia, this is Kyria," she said, pointing. "And Kyria, this is Elkamia."

Kyria rose and nodded prettily to the brown-haired elf sitting across from her. Elkamia laughed. "Well met," she said dipping her head in response. There were a few minutes of uncomfortable silence, and then Elkamia said, "So, Kyria, where do you come from?"

Kyria took a sip of wine before answering. "Larnas Eare," she said. "It's a small village a very long way from here, on the border Minhiriath, west of Dunland and the Gwathlo. That is where I was born. For several years now, I've been traveling through Rohan and parts of Gondor, and finally my journeys led me here." She smiled and took a small bite of potato. "And what of you, ladies?" she asked, smiling.