Old 04-20-2004, 12:06 AM   #7
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

The Perky Ent’s Character:

NAME: Arathorn II

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: Arathorn carries a regular Arming sword, along with a bow, arrow, and quiver. Also, he carries 3 daggers tied around his waist. His armor is merely a thin layer of chain mail with a red, leather tunic.

APPEARANCE: Arathorn is tall with dark hair and grey eyes. He has a dirty face with cuts all along his body. He has brown leather books and the appearance of the average Dunedain, with a red tunic.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Arathorn is a serious person who is having trouble leaving his wife Gilraen and his young son, Aragorn. He has a calm about him that says he’s peaceful but dangerous. There are no bad traits about Arathorn, except bad luck and poor archery. His personality, though serious, has a tint of humor to it. He is a very skilled fighter and a force to be reckoned with.

HISTORY: Born in the Angle in the year 2873, Arathorn lived the life of a Dunedain. When he was 56, he wanted the hand of Gilraen, who was 22, in marriage. At first the wedding as denied by her father Dirhael, but they were later approved and were married. One year later, in the year 2930, when his father Arador died, he became the Chieftain of the Dunedain. One year later he had a son, Aragorn. Two years after, Arathorn left with a troop of Dunedain to Rivendell to bring Elladan and Elrohir on a quest across Arnor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Perky Ent's post - First for the Game:

The summer’s sun blazed a gentle beam of light across Arathorn’s face. A cool wind was on the horizon. A peaceful tiding of leaves dancing in the wind as Arathorn walked into the courtyard. Rivendell’s beauty was beyond comprehension this time of year. Finding a small bench, Arathorn pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill. Gazing into the sky, blue with small clouds, Arathorn began to write a letter.

~*~

My dearest Gilraen,

I have reached Rivendell and I couldn’t be any happier. I haven’t located Elladan and Elrohir as yet, but I’m sure they’re around somewhere. How is our beloved baby? I’m sure Aragorn will turn out to be a great man. Something….a deep inner feeling, tells me his life will be a tale of ages. Though I have taken my last look into his eyes for a long time, I could see it. I still can’t believe he’s two years old and can already run so quickly. He’s a great boy. Take care of him, and yourself.

Arathorn paused for a minute, and then concluded:

I’ll be back as soon as the stars will allow. I love you Gilraen, so be careful.

With undying love,

Arathorn son of Arador

~*~

Arathorn took a while to seal the letter, and then summoned a Ranger admiring the Elvish architecture. “Borodun! Borodun! Borodun, come! I have a delivery for you. As I know you know, I said you could head back for The Angle as soon as we departed, but I need to get this letter back as fast as a dragon,” Arathorn said to the stout ranger by his side. “Ay sir! I’ll deliver it post haste. It was good to see you again. I’ll see you on your return?” Borodun said with a grin. “But of course Borodun! Now ride with the blessings of the Lost Kingdom and the glory of men!” Arathorn exclaimed with gusto. And with that, Borodun fetched his horse and departed from Rivendell.

“Now where are Elladan and Elrohir?” Arathorn said as he looked around. “They said they’d meet me in the royal courtyard. What’s taking them so long?” Arathorn pondered as he continued to look around. Just then, two arrows appeared in the ground, at his feet. “Did you miss me?” Arathorn said as he laughed. “Yes. Lucky for you we did miss you! How’ve you been Arathorn?” Elladan asked as he patted Arathorn on the back. “Like a king! How else!” Elrohir said with a great smile. “Not quite, gentlemen. Are you ready for the trip?” This question did nothing more than break the twins out in hysterics. “Ready? Oh course we’re ready!” Elladan said. “If I’m not ready, let’s see if I miss you!” Elrohir exclaimed. And as Elrohir reached back to pull an arrow, he felt something strange. What he felt, was nothing. His quiver was empty. Embarrassed, Elrohir ran to get more arrows. Elladan hit his hand on his face and said, “I’ll go with him, to spare you the trouble of humiliating him!” and then left.

Arathorn waiting for quite some time, became quite restless. So restless that he pulled out his sword and started preparing for the fights. Time waned. After an hour, Arathorn shouted with a great anger.

“Where are my Elves and Rangers!?!”