View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 01:46 PM   #132
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
"So that is the way you want to put it you..." Sarah couldn't think of anything to counter act what Fordo had just said. Sarah felt bad about assuming that Fordo hated her and that was the way it was going to always be. "I am sorry Fordo. I would never want to take Prim's place. I know that if I can't win you over with my cooking and how much I love your son then there is no hope for you and I to get along. Now seeing as you have decided to continue this perhaps I should point out to you that I'm not a meddlesome hobbit. I am as stubborn as you are. That is not a compliment either."

Sarah's words struck her hard. She wasn't use to being affected by her own words. Stubborn and hard headed as Sarah was she didn't want to argue with Fordo until the day she died. "Fordo you have to agree both you and I are stubborn and hard headed. Though you might deny it, I won't. That is why Harold and I get along so well. He is so much like his mother that I fell in love with his kindness and sincerity. Fordo I am glad Harold hasn't turned out like you 'cause heaven forbid me but I wouldn't last a day if I was married to you. No offense to you but I can see why Prim was the way she was. Prim was a great woman and no matter how hard someone might try. That is one hobbit that no one can replace." Though Sarah barely knew Prim, Sarah could tell why Fordo had loved her so much. Opposites attract.

"I am sorry Fordo." Sarah gestured back to where the cart was. "I do have a mushroom pie waiting for Harold and you back at the cart. That is if you will forgive me and take the pie as a peace offering. But let me warn you even though you might not like my means of making peace you have to admit I'm a killer when I'm in the kitchen." Sarah knew the way to Fordo's heart was through his stomach. That was the way all hobbit men were to her. She loved her Harold and wasn't going to jeopardize her love for him because of Fordo. "I'm sorry?"