View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 09:05 AM   #18
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Hi fellow Texans! I actually moved out of state this past September but I still consider my self Texan. I'll always be a Texan. I keep getting teased with these Texas jokes up here in Utah. Its funny because here, there are a lot of Texas jokes as there were mormon jokes in Texas. Anyways, I lived in DeSoto, just 20 minutes south of Dallas. *sigh* I miss the humidity. Its so stinkin' dry up here! Its horrible. One joke I've seen actually is this map of the USA and Texas is HUGE and "TEXAS" written in big words, but then all the other states are really small and say "not Texas" on them in little words. Another one that I've seen is that its talking about historical landmarks in the US, and then it has the Alamo listed with this huge description about it, but then it has Mt.Rushmore and in the description all it says is "not in Texas." Then it has other landmarks and tourist attractions, with all the ones in Texas with big descriptions and the rest just say "not in Texas." It makes me laugh, because I'm like "its true! Texas is better!" I admit my Texan pride. I just figure they're jealous.