View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 10:01 AM   #250
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Crystal ran over the events of the quickly passing night in her mind. Roryn stood, wanting to hear her troubles. It wasn't something she was use to, but at this moment she needed a friend.

"You may not want to hear this, but my troubles are not of normal consequence. I love the ranger, Atharen. I have since our meeting. I wished so hard that when he called me his fiancee tonight that it was because he loved me as well, but when questioned he said that it was just for safety. I have walked through life wondering if a man would come along and love me once again. I have been a walking corpse lately, until he came. And now all my heart's wishes have come to show that they are just that, wishes. There will never be a day where I will be the lucky woman who is loved so truly by a man for me and not my status. I had wished he was, wished he knew. I," Crystal said in a rush as she began to sob.

She took a deep breath and swiped at her eyes. She had wanted to talk to Atharen and she knew that the festivities were still going on downstairs. She got up off the bed and walked past Roryn.

"Where are you going Miss Crystal?" He asked her. She turned around softly.

To do what I know I must do before my heart breaks once more," She answered. With that she turned and left and headed down the hallway towards the room that Atharen had ducked into. She crossed the floor and headed straight for Idruil.

"I need to speak with Atharen alone. May I have a moment please?" She asked him. He nodded. She took Atharen's hand and made her follow her out of the room. She walked in another room that was empty, her heart racing. There wasn't anything that she could do to turn back now. She had made up her mind and she wasn't going to back down. He had to know. This tension, this incredible pain that she was feeling wasn't what she wanted any more.

He turned, his eyes filled with a surprise that Crystal hadn't noticed before and wasn't inclined to wish upon at the moment. She took a deep breath and swallowed hard.

"It's not enough that you said that I was your fiancee for protection. It's not enough any more to ride behind you on Sacriheart. It's not enough to watch you walk ahead of me and wish this anymore, wishing that you knew what you do not. It's not enough. I love you, Atharen. I have since the moment you put your arm on my elbow and led me away. You don't act frightened or turned away by who I am. When you said I was your fiancee my heart soared. I thought I finally knew that you loved me as well, but now I know I was wrong. I just wanted to tell you that I love you so deeply that I hurt inside. I hurt so badly that I can't even think. Every time I get close to you I just don't have any idea what to do or to say. I don't even remember time passing. These days have gone by like lightening. All I remember is you and that's all I want to remember. I just wanted you to know that I loved you before I left the quest. Maen would do much better without me tagging along, as will you."

Tears sparkled in Crystal's eyes. They fell down her cheek as she backed up, unable to turn away from his eyes. She fumbled against the door and her hand shakily looked for the door knob. She found it, but found she didn't have the strength any more. She slid down the length of the door to the floor and sobbed.

Last edited by Crystal Heart; 05-09-2004 at 10:35 AM.