View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004, 10:19 PM   #28
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Sting

Sudden shock hit Hanindur like a knife. Lord Elrond was hosting a party?! Well, that was a shock to him, as he had been expecting no more than a simple meal before they set out, not a feast! It must've been Lord Arathorn's idea, he thought, knowing well enough that Elrond was not the type to host a party, and certainly not for such a simple time as this. There was no reasoning for the feast, but Hanindur was not going to be the one to complain. He was the first to appreciate a good meal any day.

"I have only two words that would carry any meaning with you all tonight," said Elrond, clearing his throat to catch the attention of the shocked, and deeply un-at-ease Rangers, "so I will leave all others aside. Eat well!"

Hanindur was, indeed, appreciative of the order, as was shown by his low chuckle. Though he was still wary about the whole idea, he began to eat willingly enough. Food took his mind off of the troubles of the world around him, though a mug of ale would've done just that as well. It was a pleasant enough surprise, nonetheless. The wind whistled in the trees outside of the House of Elrond, but within, all was merry, though the faint howling was audible through the stone walls.

Hanindur stroked his chin thoughtfully when Elrond choose to call for ale to be served out. This was completely unlike the elven lord, but Hanindur did not mind one bit. No, not one bit at all.

Last edited by Eowyn Skywalker; 05-12-2004 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Umm... did I forget to remove that...? Oops...