View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004, 04:51 PM   #30
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

A large amound of food plummited down Arathorn's throat. Seven different meals were on Arathorn's plate as he guzzled down some ale began to laugh. Although it was just a dinner, the participants were cheery. Arathorn watched as several of the men gorged down their food. The elves, although posessing better manners, quickly ate as much as the men.

As Arathorn stuffed a large piece of meat into his mouth, Elrond stood up. He had much poise as he got up and, as it seamed, glided over to a group of elves. The group moved foward, with their hands behind their back. As they moved in, Elladan gave a great laugh. "Now this is a real treat!" he said as the elves revealed instruments. They were a band. Elrond waited for silence, and when there was, he noded.

At once, an uproar of music came across the table as the party watched their entertainment. One of the elves were even singing. It was a soft melody, although a fast tempo. As Arathorn listened to the music, he began drinking more and more ale. But not just Arathorn. All the men began drinking, as if hypnotized by the music. As a fiddle began to play, Arathorn began to clap to the rhythm.

Arathorn, being consumed by the music and the ale, got up and began clapping. When the elf started singing again, Arathorn started to sway. Observing Arathorn with confusion, Elrond looked up at Arathorn. He was puzzled why he was stopping this nice dinner of his. After a minute of clapping, Arathorn had another drink, and then began to dance.

As he danced, the other men watched. Some of them even clapped. It went on and on and on, until Arathorn went to one of the elves, and asked curtiously, if she wanted to dance. "I promise i'm not a bad dancer. I just want to put more fun in the party." Arathorn said. The elf maiden looked at him, and then at another at her side, and then got up. "Ok, I'll dance." She said as he began to dance with Arathorn.

After a breif time of dancing, Beroth, also being consumed by ale, got up, and asked an elf maiden to dance. Now there were to people dansing, which Elrond did not like. Elrond forseed the night wouldn't end the way he planned it!

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 05-14-2004 at 06:54 PM.