View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 03:55 AM   #32
astarielle
Haunting Spirit

astarielle has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to astarielle
Eye

Elladan chuckled to himself, not thinking much of the rangers' dancing. He thought he could do much better himself. So, he turned to Lord Elrond and inclined his head in the direction of the dancers asking for permission. Lord Elrond gave a slight nod and at once a grin appeared over Elladan's face. He took one more gulp of ale, stood up proudly and walked over to the group of Elves.

He bowed politely to a fair-haired elf in a blue shimmering dress. Then extended his hand and asked her to dance, “Would you do me a great honour and join me in this dance?” The question needed no answer as the maiden took his hand and he led her to a space in the hall.

They moved as if the music was made by them, spinning away to returning once more. Their feet barely touched the ground and not once did their gaze’s part. The dance was more akin to that of birds, gliding and soaring were the air would take them. As the music stopped, the pair came gracefully to the end of their enchanting dance. He bowed once more, a smile on his face. Elladan turned to his brother almost inciting him to do better, then to his father looking for that recognition of achievement.

“No eagle could have been more graceful than you fair maiden, I thank thee once more.” Said Elladan as the pair smiled and parted. Elladan resumed his place at the table.