View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 07:21 AM   #410
Nuranar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nuranar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nuranar
Question

Very... violent, Earendil. Good post, and thanks! A couple things:

You have Avershire killing the corsair who teams up with Doran against him. In my post, that corsair is Jurex, and I have Calnan killing him. If you read my discussion post above, there's more about that, and I may change his identity when Himaran checks in, but as it stands we still have one corsair being killed two different ways!

Oh, and I wasn't aware that Doran was once more going to take the Gondorians prisoner. Looking back over the discussion, I don't see it stated anyway; but I had assumed that the forces of Gondor are going to arrive mid-fight. First, why would Doran go to all the trouble of taking them prisoner - again? He's done it before, and they've certainly caused him a lot of trouble. I would think he'd be all too eager to get rid of them. Second, he hasn't told his corsairs not to be killing, which I think is their default "Fight" setting. Third, he's about to kill Devon, and if anyone would be taken prisoner, it would be Devon. The others are only incidental, and prisoners are a heck of a lot of trouble. Fourth, I was hoping the Gondorians would arrive so we could minimize our casualties; as it stands, we're already losing 3 dead out of 10, and who knows how many wounded.

So if you could explain a little of your reasoning I'd appreciate it. I'm a bit confused at the moment!