View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 09:12 AM   #92
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I have been writing before I ever read LOTR and LOTR wasn't my first fantasy book. I had a whole poetry phase but I gave up since i don't think my poems are that good however I still like it when the poetry unit comes along in english class.

I don't like writing fan fiction and I have only written one. I don't like fanfiction because I want to be original.
For me starting is easy, it is the finishing that is difficult because while I write I am afraid that I would bore whoever reads it. I have only finished my short stories. However now I have written two stories that are 40 pages or a little less and they are far from being done. (That might be about 60 pages in paperback. YEEEHHH!!)

Sometimes I write in class and people ask what i am doing. I tell them I am writing a story and when I tell them that it is 40 pages long they look at me in amazement. I don' think that it is that extroadinary but they seem to think so.

I like to just start writing with no plan so whenever we have to plan in english class for our short story I silently grind my teeth. My story just comes as I am writing, I can't plan ahead.

I don't know about you guys but ideas come to me in the dozen if i had written all my ideas down i would at least have 12 different stories at one time. AAAAAHHHHHHH!

As for T.V, as long as you read lots too I don't think it would affect you too much. Maybe what would help is to get involved in music, you know play an instrument or sing. I think that playing an instruiment gives the brain exercise and therefore you can think of lots of new stuff.

I'm starting to ramble now so i should probably stop.