View Single Post
Old 06-03-2004, 01:48 PM   #3
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Shield Denethor Boromir and the whole Family

To start off Faramir was more of the Numenorean decent then Boromir was so that right there just might contribute to Faramir being able to resist the ring more.

"while boromir was much like his father "
That is incorrect Boromir was the very opposite of his father, that's why Denethor liked him so much. Denethor was a fighter yes, but Boromir was a much better fighter and he cared nothing for lore only victory and battle. Faramir was more like Denethor, Faramir was a capable warrior but he was very wise in lore and studied the ring and learned of Gandalf, similar to his father Denethor who was wise in lore and a wise all around man. Denethor liked Boromir because he was his first born and he thought Boromir was Gondor's last hope. Boromir was the best warrior of Gondor at the time and Denethor knew he needed someone that could fight.

The 2 answers I can come up with are Faramir had more Numenorean blood in him then Boromir and he was much wiser in lore he knew what the ring was capable of. I do agree, I think Faramir learned from the mistake of Boromir.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote