View Single Post
Old 06-05-2004, 10:30 AM   #148
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

EDIT BY MOD: CHARACTER WITHDRAWN FROM GAME

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this game seams to have a good, plot, good characters, and good players, so I think I’ll apply. So, here’s my form. Hope you like it…and I’m hoping even more you’ll accept it

I'll be auditioning for the:

Male Lothlorien Ambassador

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? –

Yes – Last Hope for Moria

2.) How many RPG’s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? one
List them, please:

Last Ride of the Heir

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn – YES/NO
Yes

For your character please include:

NAME: Galadion

RACE: Noldo Elf

WEAPONS: Galadion, protected by a guard, has little need for weapons. However, he has an ancient dagger of the noldo. He also carries another dagger he crafted himself. The dagger is called Angrûth, meaning “Iron Anger”, in memorial of his master, Angrod. The dagger represents Galadion’s eternal anger for Morgoth and his Iron Crown.

APPEARANCE: Tall and poised, Galadion has bright grey eyes. With short, dirty brown hair, Galadion has broad shoulders and wears very elegant clothing. He is a very clean and graceful elf. His mood is always, however, somewhat depressed, for the loss of his long time master. Galadion is very calm, and doesn’t get shocked very easily, if at all.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Galadion is very inquisitive and always follows the rules. When working on something of great importance, he becomes incredibly focused and finds little time for entertainment. Galadion takes much pride in himself, giving him strength in hard times. Everything he tries he excels at, with the exception of fighting. Although a good fighter, his name isn’t working being remembered in the area of heroes. When not on a quest, or being commanded my Galadriel, he takes time, walking slow and graceful. Galadion also has a problem in which he can’t get his priorities strait. He tends to work too hard to become content and healthy. Galadion, a little bit below an optimist, yet not a pessimist, never acts sarcastic. He takes great pride, not only in himself, but his race, and thinks little of others. This problem is particularly found when discussing dwarves. However, he doesn’t think the age of men is ending.

HISTORY: Born 500 years before the first age, Galadion’s father served Feanor. His father’s duty was to be one of the many to protect the simarils. Galadion’s father considered himself the reason the light of the simarils was shining, because without him, they could be taken. He considered this so much he sometimes called himself the light. Therefore, when he had a son, he named him Galadion.

250 years after he was born, Galadion decided to serve Angrod, becoming his servant. For the next 250 years, he learned much lore from his master. After another 250 years of service, his father fled Formenos when Morgoth came. He ran to the Teleri for a new home, ashamed for leaving Finwe to his death. He later found peace becoming a mariner. At the time of the kinslaying, Galadion’s father died in Alqualondë.

When the Noldor left Aman, Galadion went with them, all the time serving Angrod. When they reached Middle Earth, Galadion stayed with Angrod and Aegnor, defending Dorthonion. Then, 402 years into the First Age, Galadion drove back orcs trying to pass through the Pass of Aglon. In the process, Galadion was critically wounded. He went to Galadriel for healing, although it was against his will.

Then, after being healed, Galadion stayed in Nargothrond, learning much from the elves there. Subsequently in FA 455, both Angrod and Aegnor died in the Battle of Sudden Flame. Having nowhere to go, Galadion, telling his story, became a servant of Galadriel. Then, in FA 472, when Galadriel and Celeborn forsook Bleriand, Galadion traveled with them. He stayed by Evendim until Galadriel established Ost-in-Edhil.

Then, in S.A. 1350, when Galadriel left with Amroth and Celebriand for Lothlorien, Galadion, instead of serving Celeborn, gave his services to Cirdan. There in Lindon, he learned much about the ways of men. There, during the war of elves and Sauron, Galadion helped to defend Lindon from Sauron.

Later, upon hearing that Celeborn and Galadriel now ruled Lothlorien, Galadion left Lindon, swearing to Cirdan he would return to finish his works. After Sauron became presumably dead, Galadion became an advisor to Galadriel, giving suggestions on the general good of Lorien. After a long time of peace, Galadriel granted Galadion to go to Lindon and finish his works. His greatest work was a dagger that, if he never left Lindon before he could finish it, would glow when orcs are near. Eventually, when he felt he could learn nothing more from Cirdan, Galadion left Lindon and went back towards Lothlorien. But instead of visiting Galadriel, Galadion went in Fangorn Forest, for the purpose of finding ents. When he found one, he found out about the “lost” entwives, and went to Mirkwood to go look for them. Achieving nothing but failure, Galadion went back to Lothlorien to serve Galadriel. Over years, Galadion became a great servant of Galadriel, and later, an official ambassador.

The Perky Ent's post

The fair light of the sky radiated across Galadion’s glowing face. A slow, pulsing wind brushed across Galadion’s brow, his hair flowing in the wind. There was so much life in the world, that would never be discovered. Galadion, therefore, always tried to observe as much as possible. Looking over his shoulders, Ambarturion, who was very interested in his mission, went back to Galadion to ask him a qusetion. “Galadion, what is your plan for an alliance?" Ambarturion said, in an inquisitive mannor. "I think a strait foward apporach will work. We are, after all, allies" Galadion said, smiling as he looked at the many green trees. "Yes, now adays, in times of trouble, we elves stick together. I don't think it will take long to reach an agreement."

As Galadion lifted his eyes, he could see the shining waters of Mirromere. “Ah. Now that is a lovely sight for a change. If only there wasn’t work to be done. But never mind” Galadion said to himself, reminiscing about his various journeys that passed Mirromere. “Megilaes, we take the path by Mirromere?” Galadion said, knowing his question was rhetorical. “Yes. We head west of the Anduin for your protection” Megilaes said, treating Galadion just like Ambarturion. “And I thank you for it. The forces of the dark have been very active lately.” Galadion said, staring off into space. Galadion, although foreseeing his mission would be a success, couldn’t see if it would cost casualties. As the day darkened, Galadion kept his eyes wide to anything moving. He would not die in a disaster like his former master.

After a short period of time, Galadion took out Angrûth and began to move it around in elegant strikes. The blade was weightless, strong, and sturdy. Etched in the steel was an inscription, which translated into: “Forget not Angrod’s sacrifice. Revenge upon the Iron Crown.” “Galadion. I beg your pardon, but do not worry. I have you protected. You have no need-“ but then Galadion’s servant stopped, because Galadion had stopped. It was as if Galadion was in pain. The thought filled his heart will uncontainable rage. But Galadion had a strong will, and because he didn’t want to slow down the mission, he ignored the statement and continuted walking. “I will never forget your sacrifice.” Galadion said, putting his dagger away.
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-14-2004 at 11:20 AM. Reason: changing hair color