View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 07:41 AM   #160
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Silmaril

Quote:
Not to be picky...but Haradrim are Southrons, not Easterlings. In fact Haradrim means 'people of the south' or so i believe...
Hm..... When I wrote the character profile I was inspired by Aman and Aylwen who used Haradrims as an Easterling Captain/Solider....I don't know how to answer that question, since Herding isn't too willing to tell his "History".

Quote:
...also it strikes me as a little strange that a captain would despise his own people...
I did think about that too while I was writing the character profile of Herding. The truth is, that Herding thinks he's better than everyone else, also his own kind. He is too proud to see that he isn't that different from the others. He puts himself above everyone else; part of it because it's him by nature, but also because he's a Captain. He thinks that everyone else is of lower rank, less gifted etc. He doesn’t' realise how similar they are, because if he did realize this he would admit that he hated himself. So, if you look closer, (or maybe I'm just putting too much into it), that quote tells a lot about himself:
Quote:
He despised them all...

Herding is very selfish. He puts himself before others. He is cynical
He would rather go around and fool himself than admit something like that.

If you don't approve my character, I'm sorry. But I don't think I'm going to change it until further notice from the Game owner, Pio etc. After all I'm not sure they have seen it. Hope some of your questions regarding Herding has been answered, Hama.

Anyway, Durelin, just tell me if you want me to re-write my character profile.

Cheers,
Orofaniel