View Single Post
Old 06-12-2004, 11:13 AM   #152
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
And Denethor was begotten, and with Finduilas he begot Faramir, who with Eowyn begot Elboron, and Elboron begot Baragir. And Denethor, upon that of Faramir, begot Boromir. And Boromir to Rivendell went while Faramir begot some people. And Sauron smote down Elendil from the rock and fought with him a fight. And Elendil fell and begot Isildur after falling. And Isildur chained Sauron and thrust him into the Land of a Thousand Lemurs! But Isildur took the ring of the begot of the begotten of Sauron as Sauron begot Morgoth who actually begot him. And Isildur was smitten by the begotten hordes of darkness and fell, sacrificing his father and brother and some guy, and then the orcs killed all the first-born hobbits who retaliated with hobbit plaques to smite the orcs! And they all got smitten by various plagues!
Kransha, that sounds eerily similar to
Quote:
The sons of Hador were Galdor and Gundor; and the sons of Galdor were Húrin and Huor; and the son of Húrin was Túrin the Bane of Glaurung; and the son of Huor was Tuor, father of Eärendil the Blessed. The son of Boromir was Bregor, whose sons were Bregolas and Barahir; and the sons of Bregolas were Baragund and Belegund. The daughter of Baragund was Morwen, the mother of Túrin, and the daughter of Belegund was Rían, the mother of Tuor. But the son of Barahir was Beren One-hand, who won the love of Lúthien Thingol's daughter, and returned from the Dead; from them came Elwing the wife of Eärendil, and all the Kings of Númenor after" (The Silmarillion, "Of the Coming of Men Into the West", 173).
except for the former's extensive smiting.

This could be an excerpt from T.S. Eliot's The Lord of the Rings:

Where is the tower over the mountains
Cracks of Doom, fire streaks the smoggy air
Falling tower
Bree Imladris Moria
Morgul Orodruin
Unreal
"This miserable drizzling afternoon I have been reading up old military lecture-notes again:- and getting bored with them after an hour and a half. I have done some touches to my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement."

Last edited by Son of Númenor; 06-15-2004 at 09:16 AM.
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote