View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 01:58 PM   #78
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Shade of Carn Dûm

Azaelia of Willowbottom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Azaelia of Willowbottom
White Tree

I think I'll just do ROTK because if I went into FOTR and TTT, I'd be here all day.

I am not the type of person to cry during movies. However, LOTR is the exception to that rule. I cried pretty much all though ROTK. It's been a while since I saw it last because, while I have it on tape, I am being a sissy and not watching it because I feel like the power of the movie is reduced when watching it in my living room. Anyway... Poignant and Powerful, what a great way to describe LOTR.

*When Frodo tells Sam to "go home". My friends don't understand why my heart breaks every time I see that. After the first time, you know what happens, right?... But there's just something about Sam's own tears that really is heartbreaking.

*Those pre-battle speeches Aragorn and Theoden give, before the Black Gate and Pelennor Fields, respectively. It's really powerful because they know that it's probably going to turn out to be ultimately hopeless, but they're willing to give it all they've got anyway.

*When Minas Tirith is under siege and Gandalf and Pippin are sitting, and Gandalf is kind of prepearing Pippin for death or something like that, and just describing death. There was something about the combination of Gandalf's words, Pip's reaction, and the quiet music that really hit me... chills.

*When Sam says, "I don't think there will be a return journey, Mr. Frodo". I want to jump into the movie and grab Sam and demand, "Where is your hope? You can't give up on it now!" It's really heartbreaking to hear Sam giving up that indomitable hope.

*When Frodo and Sam are struggling their way up Mt. Doom and Frodo falls down so Sam goes over and sits with him and talks to him about summer in the Shire, and then carries him up the mountain with that awesome music going... Wow. I don't think I've ever seen that scene without the blur of tears distoritng it.

*When Faramir is going out to retake Osgiliath. I don't think that one really needs too much explanation.

*When Frodo and Sam are on that big boulder and talking about the end of all things and Sam says that line about Rosie... WAAAAAAAAAAAAH! (You can probably tell by now that I just love Sam. He is single-handedly responsible for more tears on my part than anyone else, if I take the whole trilogy of movies into account)

*The end. Again, I don't think this needs any further comment on my part.

There's definitely even more out there that I'm forgetting... Now I need to go get my chocolate... That's more than enough sad moments for me right now...