View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 03:39 PM   #89
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Pain hit Arathorn like a rock under the Falls of Rauros. Arathorn tried walking, but to no avail. "Well Arathorn, you can't just sit here" he told himself, and with a sigh, he threw his sword strait into the brow of a troll. It fell in a swift motion. The others weren't having such luck. "I'm in charge! I have to save them" Arathorn thought, once again trying to get up. He could bend his legs, but he didn't have enough energy to support the rest of his body. "Mind if i borrow that, Owacyn?" Arathorn said to owacyn, refering to the bow. "I don't see why not!" Owacyn said, handing the bow, along with several arrows, to Arathorn. Arathorn pulled the string back, and fired.

It was well into the morning, yet still dark. Everyone was getting weak and tired. It seemed, if the fight didn't end soon, they'd fall asleep never to wake. By now, Arathorn had used all of the arrows, and couldn't reach any. All the elves were using swords now, striking as many trolls as they could get their hands on. Owacyn now could weild a sword, but didn't have enough energy to fight a troll. "Good news Arathorn!" Elladan said, straying away from the battle. "Almost all of the trolls are in the ring now. It will be over soon!" "Excellent!" Arathorn said, once again trying to fight. "May their deaths be a long and painful one!" Arathorn said, giving a roar. Elladan smirked, and ran back into the fight. Those who weren't injured were getting on their last limb, and although Elladan sounded very enthusiastic, he was giving false hope. His energy was almost spent, and the same was with the others.

After a while, the night sky became lighter. Morning would come soon. Arathorn fighted to not fall asleep. He desperatly tried to get up and fight, but he couldn't. Arathorn couldn't stand to lie there and watch the horror. Sudddenly, there was a great roar, and one of the trolls came running in Arathorn and Owacyn's direction. Apparently, someone had weged their sword in the trolls back, and the troll had run off with it. He troll was blinded with pain, and couldn't see where it was going. Feet before it reached Arathorn, he focused all his energy to jump out of the way. It worked as the troll ran off into the night. "That's it!" Arathorn said, getting to his feet. "I'm not gonna wait! If I die trying, then let it be said that I died fighting, and didn't wait to be killed!" Arathorn said, giving a loud roar, catching several trolls attentions. Arathorn got to his feet and fastly limped to the fight. Owacyn followed him.

There were now twelve trolls left, but all of them had maces, and the men could no longer fight. All that was left was Arathorn and Owacyn, who had mustered energy resting. "Kill the scum!" a troll shouted, as he looked down at Arathorn. The troll in front of Arathorn laughed, looking at the blood covering him. "This is for Nuwethion!" Arathorn shouted, grabbing a sword from the ground, and shoving it at the troll. Owacyn did the same. Both trolls fell down to the ground. "Gah! He killed Durb! Get him!" a troll shouted, as the ten remaining trolls circled. Ten strong maces stared down at Arathorn. "Well Owacyn, you were a great companion to the end!" Arathorn, said, giving a small smile. "As were you Arathorn! Goodbye" Owacyn said, putting down his sword. There was no hope. It was all over. Arathorn would never live to see his son. Suddenly, a beam of light shot from the bottom of the sky. "It must have happened. I am dead." he said, giving a great sigh. Suddenly, the trolls began to screem. "Nooo!" they shouted, as a rumbling sound was heard. All the elves and men looked up, watching in amazment. "Agh!" one troll shouted, as he began to swing at Arathorn, but stopped inches before his face. He had been turned to stone. The battle was over.

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 06-19-2004 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Stupid Sig