View Single Post
Old 10-05-2002, 08:58 AM   #23
AragornsHeir
Animated Skeleton

AragornsHeir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AragornsHeir
Sting

Estelyn Telcontar
I agree with your idea that past generations did use the word love more freely. Many now don't use it because it no longer means anything. I love you, I love chips, I love the TV show Friends. It’s only a word now used too lightly. I’ve had too many relationships that I’ve been told that I was loved. But my friend had never done anything to show that they felt this way. Or it was simply a lust [that they had for me] that they couldn’t find another word for. On the contrary for those, such as family, that you feel and show love for, you should tell them so. You will feel much better when they know.

mark12_30 said that love is loyalty. This is a big part of love. I know when a husband loves a wife, not because he says so but because he does every thing and anything for her. He loves his children and shows it through his deeds. I.e. when his wife is sick he drives one hundred miles away because she needs Osteridge meat, and when he returns she tells him she forgot she needed watermelon and it's December. He doesn't whine he just goes and gets it with no sine of contempt. So I to think that Eowen only felt a simple lust for adventure when she met Aragorn. I would feel the same in her situation. But I believed she loved Faramir. They helped each other heal, they had like traits that they found in their conversation, and she knew him. I did enjoy the Aragorn and Eowen chapter but I liked the chapter of Faramir and her as well.
AragornsHeir is offline   Reply With Quote