View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #36
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
"I should very much like more cider," said Andhun, "if it is no trouble, Miss Ærosylle." He turned his eyes to Rochadan, who had thus far been smiling at the interaction between the boy and Ærosylle, and said, "Sir, it is very kind of you to say I need not pay money, but do not feel obligated to do it."

"Come, come," said Rochadan, smiling kindly down at him. "When your little friend brought the money you did not push away his kind deed but accepted it with many thanks. If the Tavern offers you a kind deed will you deny us the pleasure?"

Andhun smiled. "Thank you very much, sir," he said, and turning to Ærosylle once again, "and thank you, Miss Ærosylle, for your words. I shall take much care not to step on the first stair."

"But Andhun," said Cynan, from where he had been chuckling over the way the young lady talked to Grimm, "you cannot possibly get up the stairs without walking on them all, can you?"

Andhun looked distressed. "It is true, Miss Ærosylle," he said. "I could not possibly jump the first step. I still do not want to hurt it, however, and so I will refrain from going up the stairs at all."

"No, no," said Rochadan. "You will ask me to help you."

The young boy brightened. "Thank you, sir," he said. He smiled first at Rochadan, then at Ærosylle, and then at Cynan. Cynan was still attempting to get the attention of Grimm's mistress. Andhun sank with a contented sigh back into his chair, not even noticing how it stung sore back. Things were becoming so lovely now. He had only to find his sister.