View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 05:00 PM   #37
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
While watching the movies I did not notice any sort of personality change in Frodo. Except for the fact that he was burdened by the ring and not as positive and chipper as usual, he seemed to be the same. But the physical change was amazing. Three times I saw three different Frodos in the movies. For example when Frodo saw Gandalf at the start, his waking in Rivendell, and on the slopes of Mt. Doom.
Frodo was such a happy hobbit at the start of the movies. Not tainted by anything, never dangered in his life. He had, however, been troubled by the death of his parents but that's a different story. But all in all just happy. Then, after his first real encounter with danger, he woke up in Rivendell and I saw a little difference. They made him look tired, which he was, but more of a troubled atmosphere was to him. Then through TTT I did not see the happy hobbit at all. He was gone, almost transformed into an everyday stressed out human being. Then on the slopes of Mt. Doom after the destruction of the ring I saw good old Mr. Frodo again. It was such a breath of fresh air. My old friend Mr. Frodo had come back to us. So I think there was a certain change to Frodo but not an extreme change.
ninlaith is offline   Reply With Quote