View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 02:14 PM   #45
Pippin Pondlily
Animated Skeleton

Pippin Pondlily has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

The one character that I absolutely adored in the books was Eomer and I was somewhat disappointed to see that he had much less of a role in the movie than he did in the books and it wasn't really the same Eomer.

I thought they did a fantastic job with Eowyn, she was definitely not, in my opinion, giggly or whiny. And her whole scene with the witch king was absolutely brilliant. I am very glad to hear that there will be some House of Healing scenes in the extended edition of Return of the King and I really hope that they elaborate Faramir and Eowyn's relationship--in the book that was one of my favorite aspects.

The hobbits I thought were all very well done. I loved Pippin and Merry in the books but I liked their movie characters, eh, not better, but they were certainly pretty fantastic. Pippin, in the Return of the King movie, I mean wow, Billy Boyd really did a brilliant job.

But my absolute favorite character in the movies that I was very very pleased with how he turned out since he was my favorite character in the books too, was Gandalf. Sir Ian McKellen absolutely took that role to its most extreme level of total brilliance and I loved him!

But to actually answer the question, when I read the books now, I am completely visualizing the cast from the movies instead of my original, imagined characters, and it is not a disappointing thing.

- P. Pondlily

Last edited by Pippin Pondlily; 07-23-2004 at 02:29 PM.
Pippin Pondlily is offline   Reply With Quote