View Single Post
Old 07-25-2004, 12:32 PM   #32
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow...

Whoa, the innocent little question I posed is still going! ::high-fives Grima-muse::

To Quirkette: It's not like there isn't rape in Tolkien's works. It's just skirted around very well. ie: Celebrian being waylaid by orcs... (well, uh, what do you think they did, huh? nasty monster guys come upon pretty elf babe in the woods? gee..), also Morgoth feeling lust for Tinuviel when she dances before him. (correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that it says he felt that he wanted to do something terrible to her.... once more, I wonder what that could be?) Sorry for the sarcasm, I've been shut up in the basement too long

To Eomer of the Rohirrim: lol, I was pondering why anyone would have anything against Grima/Eowyn fics, i thought maybe you were a hardcore purist or something, and then I was suddenly like, "aw, crap! that's not what i meant!" so... yeah. And yes, I agree that he probably could rape her. But I don't think he would.

Wow once again... "questioning suitability?" Interesting... I am not an instigator by nature, just wanted to pose a question! Thanks to the Saucepan Man for allowing this thread to continue, though!

Veeeery eenteresting! I shall return later to see whats going on!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote