View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 05:34 PM   #23
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
The sun was only a small glowing shred of light on the far horizon, much to Arinn's dismay. If only they could have more time... even an hour! If only he had offered Eric the chance of going in the fields with him as well. If. That's all it was. An if.

He emerged from the hay storage shed and started at a slow walk towards home. He knew that going slower would mean less time to look for the boy and his brother-in-law, but he didn't want to break the news to everyone that he hadn't found a speck of evidence of Eric anywhere. He only hoped that Elanor had some sort of clue or information that could reasured him. Hope was all he could do now.

After several minutes of not-so-leisurely walking, Arinn had arrived again at the door of his home. From inside, he could hear shaky and hurried voices- more than two. "Willow, Eli?" he called as he entered, but then noticed that his sister-in-law and her daughter Daisy were also there. Deciding that he wanted to acknowledge them all, he continued: "Esmerelda, Daisy."

He smiled weakly and kissed his wife's head, and then bent down to ruffle Eli's hair. Everyone seemed to stop talking after he arrived, but soon started again as Elanor and Elian came inside. Elian came first to Arinn. "Uncle Arinn, Farmer Brand saw Eric earlier."

Again the whispers stopped. "Brand? Up a ways north?" It wasn't really a question, and he didn't expect any answer other than the nod he recieved. "We need to go out now."

A huff from his present son drew his attention away. "Eli, if you were missing, wouldn't you want us to go and look for you at night?"

"Yes," he said softly, kicking his feet around.

"That's what I thought. Now, I know everyone is tired, but my son- and it seems Rhysdan as well- is still missing. We should all go out together, so no one else gets lost. Does this sound good?" He looked around at everyone's faces, the fear present on them.

Nothing. No nods, no disagreements, nothing. Supposing that no one had any objections, he turned to the door. "Now, let's find Rysdan and Eric."

Last edited by ArwenBaggins; 08-02-2004 at 01:47 PM.