View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 06:34 PM   #71
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Imladris,

I'm not Regin so he may have something to say about this. But when he and I discussed the outline and the proposal, this is the feeling I got (as well as just looking where we are in the story and seeing where we're going).

Quote:
When will the Corsair Advance group signal the other corsairs? How will the Corsairs get in when the Snowman and elves are already in?
Since the Elves are already entering, I would suggest that someone just give that as a reference in their post: that the lantern signal had already been given and now all the Corsairs (about 12 ) are inside.....

Quote:
How will the Corsairs get in when the Snowman and elves are already in?

If the only entrance to the Caves is the entrance that Marreth slipped into, wouldn't he have encountered Jynne and the other Snowman? And who is Marreth spying on? I'm sorry that I'm so confused...
As I said I would handle the Corsair entrance as having already happened in someone's post....just refer to the fact that the Corsairs and allies have taken their positions. (It would be impossible to coordinate the order of the posts completely as it would be too complicated.)

As to people seeing people, this is a huge, huge cave totally in the dark except for the torch you carry. There are many passages. Marreth only has 12 men. I do think they could be hiding inside and Luindal and his men would not necessarily see them.

Marreth's men are spying to find out how many Elves and Lossoth's there are in Luindal's party, are they heavily armed, what success they have in their searching, etc.. They are also thinking of a good way to make trouble for Luindal. They can see Luindal's men but are staying out of sight.

So please stay hidden and make comments on the Elves, and perhaps on the cave itself as well. At some point Marreth will give you a signal to regather your forces outside the cave: probably after the weekend. He'll want to know what you've discovered and if you've got ideas on defeating Luindal.

At that point, I imagine Regin will have something to say about the trouble he has planned for next week (real time).

Regin -- does this cover things?
Imladris - does this help?